Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Thrush...again!?!

Since we've stopped nursing I thought for sure this would be the end of my thrush woes. Whoa was I wrong...hehe

I've been doing some research and I believe I have found the reason why I can't get this thrush to vanish for good. We wash our clothes in cold water (save energy...be green) anyways, that does not kill the yeast that cause thrush, they say you can freeze your milk and still have thrush in it so I would pump an dump that milk when I was pumping with thrush.

The solution I have found (and will use with our next nursling if I heaven forbid get thrush again) is bleach and hot water on all my bras and undershirts (I wear one under my uniform because uniforms are VERY itchy). I was also amazed to find out that Nystain doesn't work for everyone so on my next visit with my midwife I will be asking for something else to help. I've heard there are a few prescription remedies out there so we'll see which one she gives me.

So this will be my blog experiment; what remedy completely rids me of thrush before next April. I'll keep track of all we do and let you know what works best. For now if you have thrush woes as I do, try using warm water and bleach on all your bras when you put them through the wash and keep that up until your symptoms go away (to be sure you don't let any of that yeast live!).

No comments: