Friday, August 1, 2008

Donating Milk

I have plenty of extra milk from pumping at work and my daughter refusing anything except straight from the tap so I donate it all. First I used the National Milk Bank, which is a great service, and then I decided I wanted to help someone locally so I found a family in Tucson looking for milk and they get all my extra. It's never been a problem donating, I know I am perfectly healthy and I am happy to help, but my friend asked me the other day "Would you take someone else's milk if your baby needed it?" I had to stop and think of it and I realized how heart wrenching it must be for a mom who wants to nurse, but for whatever reason can’t. In the end my final answer was yes, I know breast milk is the best and if I couldn’t provide it I would hope I could find someone who could.

No comments: