Friday, June 19, 2009

I make milk. What's your superpower?

(photo from facebook page of the same name)
I work at the Pentagon right now and they have the most awesome nursing program I have yet to run into. They are so suportive and the nursing rooms are comphy and convient (including pumps). Today they had a Health Fair and so I volunteered to stand in the nursing mom's booth for 30 minutes. It was hot and I was melting, but it was GREAT! I got a cute little bag that says " ipump" (took me a while to get it, I'm slow some days) and I got to wear around a sticker that said "I make milk. What's your superpower?" It wasn't exactly uniform regulation, but I was so proud to wear it around. It now has a place of honor on my desk name tag for all to see because yeah; I do make milk!

1 comment:

Debbie Jones said...

I'm glad you have a supportive employer. I think its so great that the military respects and supports motherhood.