Thursday, June 11, 2009

Inspection, I say again, Inspection


My daughter did something she has never done before. I've had some thrush issues, AGAIN, and so I've been using a cream to get rid of it and then lanolin cream at night to keep the soreness at bay. Well I sat down to nurse my little one last night after I got home from work and she looked at my nipple with dried cream on it (most of it was all gone) and said "Oh, no a mess, a mess!" It was so cute, she said it in a very distraught tone and then promptly took a baby wipe and cleaned me up. Latter I had to apply the lanolin cream in secret because she saw me grab the tube and yelled (from across the room), "You stop it!". Apparently Lanolin cream, while safe for a baby to nurse, taints the taste of the milk.
Being a military member I've stood my fair share of inspections, but this takes the cake as the funniest.

1 comment:

Debbie Jones said...

Emily is so smart and observant. Cute story.