Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Tandem Nursing...a MUST read

Since I'm new at pregnant nursing I decided it might be good to read up on the subject. My Bradley teacher (http://www.bradleybirth.com/) let me borrow this book from her. So far is it right on and awesome. I'm learning a lot, especially that there are tons of other moms who tandem nurse while pregnant and beyond. There are different things that are very interesting too such as; right now my milk is salty tasting to Emily which is why she hasn't been nursing as much. The books gives you a heads up too; in our third trimester if Emily doesn't mind the sour tasting colostrum she'll probably get the runs pretty good because colostrum is a natural laxative (I would aurgue the most natural of all of them...hehe). It's a fun, fact filled read that has the cutest cartoons that hit right on with different issues we've run into. My favorite so far is a toddler sitting on her mom's lap hitting her mom's chest with the caption, "Can we turn of the volume please?". I intend to invest in this one eventually and suggest any mom even considering the idea read this first, at the very least it has good ideas for weaning and lists pros and cons for both options so you can decide what's best for you.

No comments: